Sunday, April 3, 2011

First Sunburn of the Year

This weekend I ran my first ever Steeple Chase... and I had the time of my life!
For those of you who don't know, the Steeple is a 2 mile hurdle race, with 5 hurdles per lap, and one hurdle you jump into water... Ya and I voluntarily choose to run this.  Bring on the sanity tests.  


But the even crazier thing... I LOVED it.  We flew to USC this weekend, and I was able to run my first, and then my coach made me run the 1500m a half hour after!  Crazy man.  But I was actually really happy he did, because both races went really well and I had so much fun.  Turns out he does know some things after all... 


Coach only had me run the first half of the Steeple, as he does with all first-timers, because it's all about getting the technique down first so we don't hurt ourselves.  I get to run my first full one in two weeks at Mt. Sac.. I'm really excited!


But the even better part of this weekend... GENERAL CONFERENCE.  
I love General Conference.  It was so neat to see my teammates making an effort to listen to conference on their phones, showing how important hearing the prophet is, even when not convenient.  


I got back late Saturday night (not too late to not play some fugitive in the pouring rain..) and woke up early Sunday morning to drive to Salt Lake to get in the standby line for conference tickets.  And we made it in!  Conference was so beautiful.  The messages were truly inspired and the music was breathtaking.  I am so grateful for a living prophet who can see what we need to hear straight from the Lord.


And poor Sarah, a 9 hour date to General Conference with a lovely freshie.  Gotta love 'em.


Needless to say, its been a great weekend.  Finals are coming up, summer is almost upon us... Bring on the sunshine, bring on the good times!

1 comment:

  1. haha again thank you for the shout out with the nine hour date. hooftie.

    ReplyDelete