Sunday, March 27, 2011

Thermometer Box

This weekend I did not have a race, I had something better.  My brother was accepted into BYU for the fall, so he wanted to make a campus visit and see what college life is really all about.  My dad and brother drove down on Saturday and are spending the weekend with me.  


They got in around 4pm Saturday afternoon, and we went straight to eat because I have a 17 year old brother.  Then we went grocery shopping and my brother got really excited because he decided to make us dinner the next day (tonight). 


Finally we got to the fun part--Provo Beach Resort.  It was couple central since it was 8pm on a Saturday night, but we escaped them and went bowling.  But this wasn't just any bowling.  These lanes were a little less than standard, so pins would fall over after nothing hit them.  It was pretty entertaining.  






Then we went to dinner around 10pm--Pizza Pie Cafe!  But I made the mistake of having my brother tell me funny stories after I had finished a buffet-size dinner.  My stomach hurt so bad I thought I was going to die.  My brother is the best story-teller ever (not unlike Sarah Edwards) and he has done some pretty dumb things... (also not unlike Sarah Edwards).  We loved reminiscing of the good ol' days. 


Today they came to church with me and met all my friends, and tonight we're having a games night with all my best friends.  I'm so excited, and I'm going to make my brother tell all his funny stories, including the time he punched a thermometer box (which I now know is called a thermostat) and the time I scared him while he was holding a vacuum over his head...  


Needless to say its been a great weekend, and tomorrow they are coming to see what college classes are truly like, and then its back home.  I'll be devastated.  But luckily I'll only have to wait until next fall when I'll be able to see my big little brother daily. 



No comments:

Post a Comment