Monday, April 11, 2011

Hurricane Arizona

This weekend we traveled to Tempe, Arizona.  You should be jealous of the 80 degree sunshine, right?  Wrong.  The sun was there the day we arrived and the day we left, but the day of the race was 30 degrees with pouring race and 100 mile an hour winds--basically.  But it made for a memorable weekend.


The weekend would have been memorable anyway, because I had to run my first full steeple chase.  That is one crazy race!  Twenty girls all trying to jump over barriers with a water pit on the other side and sharp metal things strapped to their feet.  No wonder I love this race.  


The rest of the girls raced really well, too, despite the hurricane Arizona.  I have a very impressive team, one that doesn't stop at any excuse for a bad race.


The trip was great, with a little sunshine, shopping, and Olive Garden--you can't go wrong there.  And no matter where we are, my teammates have a good time.  






Next race is Mt. Sac, one of the most beautiful places on earth.  I will know today if I am racing there or next weekend, here in Provo.  



1 comment:

  1. haha love the picture at dinner. seriously i don't know why but this dinner should go down in the record books. it was so great. love it love you

    ReplyDelete