Sunday, April 17, 2011

Dumby

This week has definitely been one of the most stressful weeks of the semester.  I think there is some kind of teacher code that says last week of school-slam on all the projects, presentations, and papers possible.  But it's okay!  Because it is over and I survived.  


To top it all off, this has also been one of the most stressful social life/worst boy experiences weekends of the semester.  It's Murphy's law.  I've accepted it.  


So naturally, I was feeling very low and spending all my time venting to my roommates, sitting around doing nothing to fix it.  Then it hit me--I was being so dumb.  I was miserable because I was only thinking of myself.  As soon as I realized that, I remembered the car air freshener I had bought for my friend Avery. 


Previously in the semester, some boys in our ward had pranked her by putting popcorn in her car.  Now, months later, her car still knocks people out with the awful smell.  So I bought her an air freshener.  The moment I started thinking about making her life better, I stopped thinking about mine, and I felt a 180 degree turn around in my feelings.  


What I've learned: The moment my focus turns to how to make someone else's life better, all of my problems seem to be solved.  I hope I never forget this again.

1 comment: