Sunday, January 30, 2011

SLEEPLESS IN SEATTLE

SEATTLE is one of the most beautiful cities on the earth.  It was green, and fresh, and the weather was so clean and a wonderful contrast to the snow of Provo.  And the meet was great.  I ran my first 3k of my life, and it went pretty well.  Candace ran a superb race at 9:46 and I was a little behind at 10:01.  That is averaging 5:20 for two miles.  So I can go faster.  But it's a beginning, a very good place to start.
Some of the highlights include...
     -Going to Pike's Place
     -Scaring half the girls on our cool down run
     -seeing the beautiful campus of U Dub
We had some great adventures, eating as much pasta as we could handle, getting our traditional ice cream after the race, and having our teammate bonding post-race time that didn't really happen.. but it was the thought that counted.  Another wonderful weekend with my team family!
Next week we are off to New York City!  It will be wonderful with Time Square and Broadway, Bagel shops and Canal Street. 

1 comment:

  1. cho honestly thought you guys were a bunch of wild boars. random but you can imagine why we were so scared haha

    ReplyDelete