Friday, February 4, 2011

N E W Y O R K C I T Y

PART 1
So this week's adventures were in the great NYC.  We left Wednesday morning at 8:45 a.m. so this made for a crazy Monday and Tuesday, but it was definitely worth it.  Our flight was about 4 hours, but the whole process took almost 10, and we finally arrived around 8 p.m. NY time.  And of course being the distance runners we are, the first thing we did was go running-- IN CENTRAL PARK!  It was awesome.  We were pointing out all the Elf and Home Alone references; yes, we're mature and in college.  Then five other girls and I found out they aren't kidding when they say New York pizza is the best.  We went to a little place called Angelo's and it was soo good.  Then it was off to bed, one day down, four more to go.


The next morning we woke up and went running in Central Park again.  After our team meeting, we found the NY Temple and did baptisms- it was amazing.  The temple was so beautiful and the workers loved talking to us.  It reminded me how grateful I am to be on such an incredible team with the best teammates I could ask for.  The rest of the day was spent doing little random things until that night.. LION KING!  A few of the girls and I went to Olive Garden (my favorite) (Original for NY, I know...),  and then we went to see Lion King live on Broadway.  It was breath-taking.  The costumes were dazzling and the singing was incredible.  Rafiki stole the show.  Then we stopped at McDonalds (another original place) because Kendy can never satisfy her sugar craving, especially among most teammates who eat sugar once a year.  


And today after our run, I went walking around with Michaelanne to find used book stores and NYU (which she kept calling NAU and everyone looked at us like we were crazy).  P.s.  For all of you who don't know her, this is a very Mike thing to do; it was great.  We were surprised to find NYU looks just like the rest of New York; there isn't really a campus.  But it was fun to see!  And we are now masters of the Subway system.  We were very proud of ourselves.  Then we came back to the hotel to do homework and watch the DMR.  Our team did so well.  We are qualified for nationals and along with the three-way 5k PR, our meet is going splendid.
OH! And not to forget Sarah (she follows this and would kill me...), a new Armory 1000 meter record!  (She broke her own from last year, by 3 seconds!)  The rest of the girls ran so well and Sarah will be extra cheerful during her Cheer-Meister duties for the rest of the trip.


I am now sitting in my bed writing this, trying not to think too much about my race tomorrow morning.  I race 11 a.m. in the mile, and it will be great.  I am trying to keep a positive attitude.  It really will be a lot of fun; I love racing.  Wish me luck!  Goodnight cyberspace.


P.s. More adventures and pictures to come.

1 comment:

  1. haha yes thank you soooooo much for the shout out. made my morning.

    ReplyDelete