Sunday, February 13, 2011

A Feeling Even Better than Jimmer

This week we had a funny assignment from our teacher to buy something for a stranger and blog about their response.  My first reaction was--no! I will not buy something for a boy.  I am not that kind of girl.  But as the week went on, I decided to do it at the basketball game against Utah this weekend.  My friend James and I discussed buying something for someone in the line behind us, or sending candy to another isle.  But then it struck me--who would appreciate this the most.  A bright-eyed little boy.


So at half-time, James and I went into the food court area and got in the cotton candy line, and by the time we got to the front, there was a family of four or five little kids behind us--perfect.  I moved in close to whisper to the young man selling the cotton candy that we wanted this biggest bag of cotton candy to be given to the family behind us.  He seemed very intrigued and agreed to help.  So we paid for the candy and then ran off to stand by the doors and watch.  The mother spoke with the salesman for a moment, and then was given the cotton candy which she handed to her daughter.  The daughter took it in both of her arms (the bag was almost as big as she was) and held it close to her as she walked off, cradling it like her baby.  It was one of the most precious and rewarding things I've done--especially at a basketball game.  

1 comment:

  1. I feel like I should comment seeing as I'm the only one that ever does so I'm definitely creeper status now but I loved that story! so cute. I bet that just made those kids' lives. Ha that's awesome.

    ReplyDelete